Back in August, I went to an amazing yoga class at the Botanic Gardens in Denver. What’s more lovely than practicing yoga outdoors, amongst the flowers and with good friends? Pairing that evening with delightful snacks and wine afterward.
Each of the lovely ladies who came to yoga brought a snack for the group to enjoy. I brought my favorite apple and manchego bites with balsamic walnut butter. And, one of the ladies brought these.
I’ve wrapped asparagus in bacon, but I’d never considered wrapping them in prosciutto. Um, it’s DELICIOUS. The saltiness of the ham paired with the roasted asparagus create the most amazing combination. It feels decadent, like a steakhouse side dish… and it’s incredible easy to make.
10 spears of asparagus
1.5 oz. prosciutto
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a cooking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Clean and trim your asparagus.
3. Wrap each spear with a slice of prosciutto. Place the asparagus at a 30 degree angle to the prosciutto so it will fold around the length of the spear.
4. Place spears on a cooking spray.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until prosciutto is crispy and asparagus is tender. Flip half way through, if desired.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Per 5 asparagus spear serving:
CAL 72; FAT 5g; SAT FAT 3g; CARBS 2g; PROT 7g; FIB 1g; SUG 1g
WW Points+: 2; WW Smart Points: 2