I LOVE pizza. Whether it’s a Jenny Craig pizza or one from Lean Cuisine… or even one from the Mellow Mushroom that I devoured last weekend, I love it.
When you’re watching what you’re eating though…. pizza is a little scary. On top of that doughy, doughy crust is a decadent layer of cheese and sometimes greasy meats. All of those together = danger!
I’ve tried many alternative ways to make pizza over the years… the pita pizza, the tortilla pizza, and today… I bring you my new favorite.
The FLATOUT PIZZA!
Now, what’s a Flatout? It’s a flatbread wrap that only has 90 calories. I find them in my bakery area/bread aisle. Also, Flatout has some GREAT recipes on their page for other kinds of pizzas you can make. Click here to see those!
I read about this wrap-turned-pizza idea on one of the blogs I follow (Erin’s 6 Month Transformation) MONTHS ago, and I finally got around to trying it this weekend. SO GOOD. Run to SuperTarget, Kroger, Wegmans, Wal-Mart right now and get the supplies! Delish!!!
And between us friends… I ate this on Friday night AND Saturday night I liked it so much… ENJOY!
1 Flatout Light Wrap (any flavor)
1/4 cup pizza sauce (I used Classico)
I used what I had on hand…
Kraft 2% Pepperjack Cheese Slices (Seriously)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place your Flatout on a pizza pan sprayed with non-stick spray. (I like to think this makes it crispy.)
3. Crisp your prosciutto. I used 1 ounce, which was about 2 slices. It’s super-thin and doesn’t take long. It’s VERY similar to bacon in flavor… MMMmmmm.
4. Chop your veggies and your prosciutto and top that Flatout.
Note: I always cut my spinach chiffonade-style. You simply roll up the leaves into a tube and then slice. I like it better this way… and it just looks so pretty!
5. Add your cheese. Keep in mind, I only had pepperjack slices (which are AWESOME) or fat free cheddar cheese at my house… I took a chance with the pepperjack and LOVED it. It gives the pizza a creamier flavor than mozzarella…. bizarre choice, but try, if you trust me.
Two Slices of Kraft 2% Pepperjack
6. Bake for 10 minutes, or longer if you want it crispier. Slice it into pieces and enjoy!
Isn’t that gorgeous??
Depending upon what toppings you choose, the calorie count will vary. For my version above, the calories came in at 280. Not bad, and so delicious!!!
Per Entire Pizza Serving:
CAL 280; CARB 18g; FAT 12g; SAT FAT 4g; FIB 9g; PROT 26g; SUG 0g
WW Points+: 7 ; WW Smart Points: 7