I’m holding onto summer for dear life. I’m so so not ready for cooler weather and all that comes with it. Snow, for example… no thank you.
While I can’t control the weather, I can control the veggies I’m placing on my table. This summery, flavorful slaw is me protesting all the fall things that are popping up everywhere.
Just a few ingredients come together with big flavor. The pecans and toasted noodles add a little crunch, and it’s a great veggie pairing to your favorite meals.
NTTC Tip: I store the salad in single-serving containers, so they’re easy to grab for snacks and such! Yum!
Broccoli Pecan Slaw with Mustard Vinaigrette
From Weight Watchers
1/2 (3-ounce) package ramen noodles
4 tsp. chopped pecans
1 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. stone-ground Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups (1-inch) julienne-cut bell pepper (about 1 small)
1 (12-ounce) package broccoli slaw
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Remove and discard seasoning packet from noodles. Crumble noodles, and arrange in a single layer on half of a baking sheet. Place pecans on the other half to the cooking pan.
3. Bake at 375 for 6 to 7 minutes, or just until noodles are golden and pecans are toasted.
4. While noodles and pecans toast, combine sugar and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
5. Add bell pepper, broccoli slaw, noodles, and pecans to dressing, tossing to coat.
Per 1/2 cup serving:
CAL 85; FAT 3.6g; SAT FAT 0.8g; CARBS 11g; PROT 2g; FIB 2g; SUG 4g
WW Points+: 2; WW Smart Points: 3